Call for Proposals
Fall Institute 2018
Leadership, Literacy and Social Justice
Deadline: Friday, September 28, 2018
The Center for Leadership Equity and Research (CLEAR) is currently accepting presentation proposals for its Fall 2018 Social Justice and Equity Institute to be held in Oxnard, Calif. on Thursday, November 1, 2018, at the Courtyard Marriott, 600 E. Esplanade Drive, Oxnard, CA 93036.
Submission Proposal Requirements
NOTE: All proposals must involve a leadership perspective focused on social justice actions and inclusive practices that bring long-term and sustainable individual, team, community, and institutional change as evidenced by current, real world, practical results. The emphasis should be on leadership beyond courageous conversations that translates to bold actions at your chosen level presently taking place in the education, business, and/or community sectors.
With this in mind, we seek presentation proposals that accomplish any of the following:
- Builds on the knowledge base of those in the fields of education, social justice, equity and literacy
- Proposes a methodology or evaluation model for expanding educational equity literacy, social justice, and racial achievement programs
- Demonstrates the effectiveness of existing leadership perspectives, initiatives, and programs pertaining to issues of educational equity and social justice
- Welcomes proposals that include participants from diverse backgrounds, levels of experience, and from varied institutional and organization types
Submission Proposal Priorities
The Institute planning committee has identified three (3) areas of focus:
- Leadership for Literacy and Inclusive Practice
2. Social Justice Leadership
3. Networking for Equity Partnerships
Leadership for Literacy and Inclusive Practice
CLEAR is particularly interested in embedded models for building educational social justice and equity leaders of students, staff, and/or faculty in Prek-12 and Higher Education settings. Embedded models allow these three groups to deepen their understanding of equity for interacting and collaborating to more readily speak to, challenge, and address issues of equity, access, and inclusion as part of the school and university experience of students, staff, and faculty.
Social Justice Leadership
CLEAR is a proven leader among a sector of community benefit organizations (CBOs) in California. Many CBOs are leaders in the design and implementation of outcomes-based social justice leadership. Still, more CBOs are paving the way using embedded strategies in personnel support services internal to their organizations. CLEAR invites proposals that offer a contribution to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the CBO sector.
Networking for Equity Partnerships
CLEAR benefits from partnerships with businesses that have a vision for equitable and cutting-edge strategies. Proposals that outline equity models and strategies for the advancement of personnel and public initiatives are integral to the Institute.
How to Submit
All proposals are due by 5:00 p.m., Friday, September 28, 2018. Presentations will be 45 – 60 minutes depending on the final number of scheduled sessions.
Please submit your presentation proposal electronically with the following information to: Dr. Ken Magdaleno, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name of Presenter
- Brief Bio
- Company/Title/Contact information
- Presentation title and description
- Intended audience
- An abstract not to exceed 250 words
For questions, please contact: Jenny Baquera at email@example.com