The CLEAR Social Justice Leadership Mentoring Program is now accepting applications for cohort 8.The Center for Leadership, Equity, and Research (CLEAR) is committed to develop and further sustain social justice leaders with the courage, competence and integrity to lead an enduring social justice movement. We do this by providing new and veteran social justice leaders with leadership training, organizational development and system collaboration in order to challenge the status quo and change the manner in which “things have always been done.” Dr. Kenneth Magdaleno What is the CLEAR Social Justice Leadership Mentoring Program?
The Center for Leadership, Equity, and Research (CLEAR) Social Justice Leadership Mentoring Program provides participants with an opportunity to participate in a formal and structured mentoring program. Mentors and protégés work together to develop goals and objectives that guide each towards a more meaningful leadership experience whereby participants combine professional learning and mentoring to succeed as a leader. The CLEAR Leadership Mentoring Program develops a “mentoring culture” whereby mentors and protégés, together with other like-minded leaders, seize upon the opportunity to implement and participate in “Praxis” or “Intentional Activism.” Participant Requirements:
- Attend Five (half-day each) workshops during the 2019 – 2020 participant year
- Attend the CLEAR Social Justice Leadership Summit in March of 2020
- Engage in online opportunities and webinars as scheduled
- Increase the capacity of members of the Center for Leadership, Equity, and Research, as well as partners to develop and act upon effective leadership for social justice.
- Model social justice in our workplace values, our relationships with partners, and in the development of innovative initiatives.
- Foster widespread considerations of social justice by engaging transformative theories and practices in collaboration with surrounding communities
- Develop strategies for integrating social justice leadership into our equity efforts
* Inspires to gain additional leadership experience
* Is committed to both the mentoring relationship and to the program
* Has the courage to try new things
* Accepts responsibility
* Learns from their mistakes For more information
Questions, please contact Dr. Ken Magdaleno at email@example.com.
- Mentorship Training
- Leadership Training and Seminars
- Guest Speakers from the Education, Legal, and Political Realms
1) To provide leadership and mentoring opportunities whereby leaders understand that they are not alone in their commitment to social justice leadership and that they will be supported by program participants, past and present 2) To develop positive role models for students from underserved communities and for other at-risk populations 3) To develop social justice leaders who are committed to equity practices and intentional activism (praxis) 4) To provide leadership learning opportunities in the areas of: a) Mentoring b) Systemic Change c) Networking d) Social Justice Advocacy e) Cultural and Intercultural Communication f) Intentional Activism – Praxis
All meetings located in Fresno, California.
Mentor and Protégé Orientation – Saturday, August 10, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Meeting 1 – Saturday, November 9, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Meeting 2 – Saturday, February 8, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
CLEAR Social Justice Leadership Summit – Friday, March 20, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Meeting 4 – Saturday, April 11, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
End of Year Celebration – Saturday, June 18, 2020, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Online dates: Praxis – The Praxis Research Center is an online website where articles, essays, and research of current relevance are reviewed and discussed for leadership and social justice activism.
Dr. Ken Magdaleno, CEO/Founder
Jenny Baquera, Program Manager
Questions, please contact Dr. Ken Magdaleno at firstname.lastname@example.org