Call for Proposals
8th Annual Social Justice Leadership Summit Deadline: February 1, 2020The Center for Leadership Equity and Research (CLEAR) is currently accepting presentation proposals for the Eighth Annual Social Justice Leadership Summit to be held on March 20, 2020, at the Clovis Veteran’s Memorial District, 808 4th St, Clovis, CA 93612.
How to Submit
All proposals are due by 5:00 p.m. on February 1, 2020. Presentations will be sixty minutes (60) – per session. Presentations of interest will focus on Social Justice Leadership, Equity, and Praxis (Intentional Activism) from a best practices and strength-based perspective. We suggest that each presenter provide a strategy for implementation of an equity action that attendees may take back to their site, college, university or place of business. This is an opportunity to share your expertise with other professionals actively engaged in Prek-12 and Higher education, business and community-based organizations.
Please submit your presentation proposal electronically with the following information to: Dr. Ken Magdaleno, email@example.com
Name of Presenter
Presentation title and description
An abstract not to exceed 250 words
Submission Proposal Guidelines
All proposals must address some form of “Equity with Intentionality” that can be implemented in the various systems to be addressed. There is a great need for a movement of equity with intentional action…Praxis. With this in mind, we seek presentation proposals that accomplish any of the following:
• Builds on the knowledge base of social justice leadership, social justice, equity in action, Praxis and intentional activism.
• Demonstrates the effectiveness of existing social justice and equity practices.
• Proposes a methodology or evaluation model for social justice and equity strategies.
• Suggests new ideas and best practices for successful equity approaches.
• Proposals that include participants of various backgrounds, different levels of experience, and from different institutional and organization types. For questions, please contact: Ms. Jenny Baquera at firstname.lastname@example.org